Our mission is to educate all students in a safe environment and to graduate them ready for college and career success.
- SBLC News:
- 1/31/2015 .....
Hello, and welcome to the web site of the School Board of Levy County. We are located in the beautiful, Big Bend area of North Central Florida. It is the ninth largest county, geographically, in Florida (comparable in size to the state of Rhode Island), with a sparse population of 33,408 residents. Levy County remains rural with vast, open-wooded areas, springs, and rivers, and more than 50 miles of coastline on the Gulf of Mexico.
As the Superintendent of Schools, I am committed to providing progressive leadership and effectively communicating what I see as the vision for educational services to our children, our most precious resource. To convey this vision, the philosophy of our district must be one that exhibits the following:
- Extraordinary Customer Relations - recognizing we are public servants and communicating as such with our customers - students, parents, and employees
- A School District With Accountability - stressing academic excellence and sound fiscal management
- Trust - the most fragile, yet an essential attribute to the success of the educational initiatives for the School Board of Levy County
We hope you find our web site to be useful to you as a community and for prospective residents of Levy County, and we welcome your comments and suggestions!
Robert O. Hastings
Congratulations to Bronson Middle-High School! U.S. News & World Report is pleased to recognize Bronson Middle-High School as a Bronze Medalist in the ranking of Best High Schools in 2014. Read More...
|Click on the icon to access the Transparency Florida website|
Florida Education News
- Florida education commissioner names new K-12 chancellor from Alachua County - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Florida: No option to opt out of state exams - Florida Today
- Gov. Rick Scott proposes 'historic' increase in Florida education spending - MiamiHerald.com
- Report: Florida education ranks 28th in nation - TBO.com
- Florida's Tax Credit Scholarship to private schools boost low-income students - Bradenton Herald
- Appellate court rejects Florida Education Association challenge of teacher ... - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Florida GOP leaders promise tax cuts and education spending - Education Week News
- Florida education news: Teacher pay, superintendent search, classroom printers ... - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Senators quiz Florida education chief over standardized testing - Palm Beach Post (blog)
- Florida governor Rick Scott announces 2015 education spending plan - ABC Action News
- Tallahassee tracker: top five education bills to watch - The News-Press
- Husband of top Florida House aide lands plum Department of Education job - Tampabay.com (blog)