Our mission is to educate all students in a safe environment and to graduate them ready for college and career success.
- SBLC News:
- 3/29/2015 Read: Levy County Teachers & Students Prepare for State Assessments
Hello, and welcome to the web site of the School Board of Levy County. We are located in the beautiful, Big Bend area of North Central Florida. It is the ninth largest county, geographically, in Florida (comparable in size to the state of Rhode Island), with a sparse population of 33,408 residents. Levy County remains rural with vast, open-wooded areas, springs, and rivers, and more than 50 miles of coastline on the Gulf of Mexico.
As the Superintendent of Schools, I am committed to providing progressive leadership and effectively communicating what I see as the vision for educational services to our children, our most precious resource. To convey this vision, the philosophy of our district must be one that exhibits the following:
- Extraordinary Customer Relations - recognizing we are public servants and communicating as such with our customers - students, parents, and employees
- A School District With Accountability - stressing academic excellence and sound fiscal management
- Trust - the most fragile, yet an essential attribute to the success of the educational initiatives for the School Board of Levy County
We hope you find our web site to be useful to you as a community and for prospective residents of Levy County, and we welcome your comments and suggestions!
Robert O. Hastings
Congratulations to Bronson Middle-High School! U.S. News & World Report is pleased to recognize Bronson Middle-High School as a Bronze Medalist in the ranking of Best High Schools in 2014. Read More...
|Click on the icon to access the Transparency Florida website|
Florida Education News
- Florida education news: Achievement gap, rats, student-athletes and more - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Did Jeb Bush Improve Education in Florida? - Newsweek
- Florida education news: Soccer school, dress code, gifted classes and more - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Florida education leaders raise more testing concerns - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Group protests Florida Senate education bill - NBC2 News
- Education news and notes from Tampa Bay and Florida - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Florida House votes to scale back school testing - Orlando Sentinel
- Charter Schools Featured in Wide-Ranging Florida Education Bill - Education Week News (blog)
- Testing, School Choice, PE: A Town Hall Conversation About Florida Education - WUSF News
- Bush Faces Test of Exam Policy - Wall Street Journal
- Education results trip up Jeb Bush - MSNBC
- Florida education committee passes proposal allowing for early school start date - ActionNewsJax.com